Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Pace dry sump kits - experiences?

Nick VVC

Mick's 'Pace' system is connected using all Aeroquip hosing and fittings so top quality kit.These were obtained from 'Think Automotive' in Isleworth.

The only part to leak was from around the oil filter area and that was down to trying to start it first off without the filter in place !!!!!!!

Mick's installation is great & along with the 'Laminova' should prove a really reliable set-up now.

Clamshell Club Founder Member and stationary engine enthusiast.

Mine's been on for a while now and has done a fair few road and (hard) track miles.

Works very well.

I also have a laminova which is also a good bit of kit. If you don't have one already, look to buy one with twin inputs to cover both scavenge stages of the Pace. This is a good buy for both keeping high oil temps in check and also (probably more so) warming it up quickly.

My tank's where the passenger footwell used to be. Means I can have a very standard tank and talking to Mick on the London to Brighton thing we think that it might also help the speed of oil warm up as the tank is close to the exhaust rather than in front of the engine. No empirical evidence mind.

The fittings on mine did leak a bit at first, but with a bit of attention to detail they can be made tight. Very clean now.

Pressures are about 68-70psi hot under load and about 25psi hot idle, sometimes down to 18psi but build very very quickly. Pressures can be increased as desired but this then gives very high cold oil pressures which I'm wary of.

I'm using Mobil 1 15W50 BTW.

Mine was fitted by Protune/Ratrace and was the first system made, so experiences of it aren't really representative of the current product being shipped.

Note, however, that it has been said that it would be a tough fit without removing the engine and Pace have never envisaged selling the system as a "kit" as such.