Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Zetec engined CSR 200 for sale

paul jacobs

I've changed my plans and need some money, so this rather nice, but unusual CSR is for sale. Go over to Pistonheads and have a look at the pictures, [sorry, I always have problems getting my links to work here, so if a kind person wants to do the link, I'd appreciate it?].

I can confirm that contrary to some rather wild speculation on PH Caterham forum by someone who should know better, this is a genuine CSR, built by an engineer, and which I bought privately after it failed to reach the reserve on an ebay auction. It is fitted with a brand new 2.0l black top Zetec, running throttle bodies and a Raceline wet sump and a 5 speed gearbox. It has been mapped by Dave Walker and running on standard cams and head, it produces around 170 bhp.

The car is like new and only done 1700 miles. I am looking for offers around £26750, for what has to be a better car than a K engined SV, although argueably not as good as a CSR 200 with the 2.3 Duratec, but then again, it would be another £10k for one in this condition and with the extras!

If anyone has any questions or comments, don't idly speculate, but get back to me for a definitive answer.

Paul.

Edited by - paul jacobs on 1 Apr 2013 12:19:18