Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Xflow - missing part of dust shield

Mcalvert

• Leadership Team

The Xflow has a dust shield between it and the bell housing. In the Caterham application, this is cut into two so that the sump can be removed with the engine in situ. Somehow, the small lower part on mine has disappeared, as I noticed when I took the engine out last year. Unfortunately, despite some promises, I have been unable to locate a replacement.

The engine builder tells me that it was not uncommon to run without this part fitted, but I'd appreciate any thoughts... It effectively means that the 2 bottom bolts between the engine and gearbox will not be going through the dust shield layer. I guess I could find some washers to pad out the depth (it's only 1.5 mm) and maybe run a bead of silicon in between? Is there anything I have missed?

Michael

• Leadership Team

Many Thanks for your suggestions.

Paul - with your suggestion to run without, would you do without the whole thing, or just the lower part?

Elie - if you could check, that would be fantastic. It's only the bottom small bit that I am missing, so it could be posted easily if you do have it. Happy to make a contribution for it and to pay for postage etc.

All the best,

Michael.