Click here if you are having website access problems ×

am i being stupid? fuel filter...

irrotational

I'm replacing the fuel filter as per Myles really useful site...however on the new (random name but claimed to be a replacement) fuel filter it doesn't line up...

When I screw the u shaped pipe into the bottom of the filter, and then the whole assembly onto the hard pipe to the engine, the u shaped tube always ends up on the wrong side of the filter!?

Have i got the wrong part? Or are you meant to adjust the locking but on the fuel pipe somehow?

• Area Representative

*confused*Perhaps I'm not understanding, but isn't the fuel pipe to the engine not just a flared end with a union? You can tighten this up with the pipe pointing in any direction.

I'd simply connect the bottom pipe, fasten the filter to the bulkhead and then connect the top pipe, being careful not to round the brass union. *thumbup*

I'm not sure what I did but got it on...

The solid pipe ended in a copper looking nut. This then went into a bigger nut, which then screwed into the filter....

By unlocking the copper nut off the middle brass one I was able to spin the whole thing 180 degrees and then re-lock it all up.

Car starts and no petrol came out so I'm taking that as a good sign!