Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

In Sainsbury car park!

CHRIS TODD

Quoting Martin Jeffrey: 
Dangerous places for caterhams, supermarket car parks Chris.

*nono*

Mine very nearly had it's rear skin bashed by a runaway trolley. *eek* I caught it just in time. I now avoid them (in fact I avoid all shopping)

Especially morrisons (lower case intended) in Caterham 😬 😬 😬 😬

This car park had massive rubber speed humps, the wise man stopped just the otherside of the humps to park!

I say man because as I exited Sainsbury's store a guy dressed all in black strode in, did not look like a conventional shopper, but DID look like a Seven driver.( at this stage I had not seen the Seven)

A description would be a less craggy version of Chris Rea, slightly larger and slightly younger, with swept back grey longish hair.

So how is this, a spotted for a car and maybe a spotted for the owner?

Anyone recognise him?? 😬 😬

This mystery man dressed all in black sounds like the milk tray man! *wink*

One time I took my caterham to Kings Hill ASDA, before I had the sense to fit a bike lock in the boot to lock the momo to the roll bar.

I felt a bit of a plank walking round with a basket in one hand & a wheel in the other. 😳

Quoting StEVEN: 
😬 😬.......So imagine a trolley and a steering wheel in hand 😳........you wouldn't be able to help yourself would you *redface* 😳

Been there, done that... at Le Mans a few years back. Had to explain to the bemused shelf stacker, oh and the checkout assistant who thought I wanted to buy my own Momo wheel!

Dangerous places for caterhams, supermarket car parks Chris.

Mine very nearly had it's rear skin bashed by a runaway trolley. I caught it just in time. I now avoid them (in fact I avoid all shopping)

Nah! I take mine to Sainsbury's shopping quite often.

I felt a bit of a plank walking round with a basket in one hand & a wheel in the other.

Done that (walked round with the steering wheel not felt a bit of a plank!). Don't worry about it. As already said it is a conversation starter.

So imagine a trolley and a steering wheel in hand

Done that as well! I have had some strange looks, especially when turning the steering wheel and making brrrm brrrm noises much to the amusement of my girlfriend's 8 year old daughter! Who cares! At east I'm having fun.

The problem comes when you have bought all your shopping and despite having the steering wheel in hand you have forgotten that you have come in the Caterham and now have far too much shopping including cases of beer etc. Quite an exercise to get 2 of us in the car and all the shopping!

Edited by - Caterham Kid on 26 Mar 2013 13:34:34