Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Brand new sigma road sport with flicking rev counter & very low oil pressure..

Martin J

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Leadership Team

FWIW, when I had the issues with my rev counter (prior to the engine out and re wire) even when it was flicking around zero although under full throttle, the engine ran perfectly and the rev limiter cut in OK (on the odd occasion I really pushed it!!).

*smile*

• Area Representative

My self-build Sigma 150 in 2011 had the flicking tacho and 'strange' oil pressure symptoms. The only time the OPG registered correctly was when I had to do the initial cranking of the engine during the build! Now it registers pressure but only linearly - keeps on rising the hotter the engine gets but never fluctuates or drops down on idle.

I had replaced both the OPG and the sender with no changes, and on the first service last year CC Midlands couldn't fix it either. I think a 'proper' sender and guage is needed. Apparently the OPG is fed from the tacho so I also replaced the tacho (to try to lose both problems) but that didn't fix them either.

However car runs as sweet as a nut so not that concerned especially as the DRE shift lights have added a new dimension to blatting! 😬

Iain

Apparently the OPG is fed from the tacho so I also replaced the tacho (to try to lose both problems) but that didn't fix them either.

It would seem several things are fed via the tacho. On my 07 sigma the fuel gauge was very unreliable, caterham sent me a new tacho to plug in to rectify the problem & this did seem to fix the fault. *thumbup*

When various components are interlinked it does complicate things. *rolleyes*

• Area Representative

CC have OP sender problems. Just finished build of R400 & the shortage list on delivery sited a recall on OP sender. Replacement duly arrived a week later. Seemed senseless outing a brand new sensor fitted to a zero time engine but did it any way. On cranking OP fine and on wet start OP fine.

Recalled sensor by Danfoss. Replacement by 'Caerbont Automotive Inst Ltd'.

Lets see what happens in long term service......??