Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

"Alive on the Driveway"

JohnForbes-Crisp

3 guys from the "AWESOME" decided to change their meeting place,to my home

address today[in the lousy weather conditions---my 7 is not garaged].they brought

with them tools and parts...when they left,my car was fixed...no longer,"Dead on

the Driveway".

My special thanks to ;TONY,CHRIS and GUY.

Now I know where,"AWESOME" originates.

*thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup*

Skipping over the things we thought it might be, the problem was an intermittent connection in the MEMS connector itself. The car ran OK on a spare MEMS (thanks to the earlier efforts of JohnV and others) and it still worked when we reconnected the old one, and then it didn't *idea* Fiddling with the connector got it running again and then we were able to kill it simply by pressing on the loom. Refit John's spare MEMS and fiddle some more to prove whether it was the loom or the MEMS.

The spring clip is to hold the TPS connector in place, preventative maintenance rather than the source of any fault.

In 1972 a crack blatting unit was sent to prison by an online car forum for a gingerist crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security internet stockade to the Reading underground. Today, still wanted by the management team, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the ReHab-Team.

Sorry John, the spare clip I have is a 2 pin, you need the larger 3 pin.

It is the wire spring around the plug for the TPS that John needs, its a standard plug, my Zetec has the same plug on the coil pack if anyone thinks they might have a spare.

As Tony say this was not the cause of the problem but fitting a new clip will prevent the plug coming off the TPS as it is very close to the header tank and could possibly be rubbing on it.

Guy

Quoting jingars: 
In 1972 a crack blatting unit was sent to prison by an online car forum for a gingerist crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security internet stockade to the Reading underground. Today, still wanted by the management team, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the ReHab-Team.

Well we did arrive in a BLACK VAN with big fat wheels 😬

• Leadership Team

I'm with Paul, have been following this hoping that John could get some fun out of his car rather than the stress of it being broken.

Go drive it John!! 😬