Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Trouble with Roller Barrel TB's?

Geoff Brown

• Area Representative

Bought an R400 kit. Broke the mould & asked CC if they could fit RBTB's to engine before delivery...they did. They also promised to load ECU with correct map(s).

First time start for car today. Needed a little bit of throttle to get going but would not idle or run properly. Will not run without slight throttle. VERY lumpy with all the signs of gross over fuelling. Even when warming up engine condition does not change.

Not going to start it again until this problem resolved.

First thing that I thought was that CC had not loaded correct map(s) into ECU.

Am consulting CC but any one got ideas as to the problem?

Hi Rob. Injectors are Green. Car going to Dartford for "fine tuning" seems the symptoms are quite "normal". Being trailered FOC so cannot complain!

It seems the RBs are a swine to get exactly right.....glad I am not doing it.

Edited by - Geoff Brown on 14 Mar 2013 13:58:07

Hi Geoff

I am no expert as such but I fitted roller barrels (although a different make to yours) to my Duratec R300 recently.

I wonder if you have the correct injectors for that spec? Check the CC parts site and look at the upgrade packages to see what injectors you should have with that config. CC may also have not changed the map on the ECU or changed it to the wrong one. Possible I suppose.

Other than that they are fiddly little suckers to set up properly. You need to make sure that the TPS is reading the correct voltage at idle (if not it will need rotating until it does) and also that each port is pulling air through the trumpets evenly - for which you'll need a thing called a synchrometer.

Mine was horrible until that setup was done with the kind help of another member. Much better now.

Hope you get it sorted.

Cheers,

Martin

Edited by - MartinH on 13 Mar 2013 18:44:05