Click here if you are having website access problems ×

2xBullet Cam Setups & Pipercross Backplate Blank

Willie.

Found another few items to sell.

First up is a Pipercross backplate, blank, got it with my P604D but I went for a deep backplate in the end. £18

I have 2 bullet cam kits that I bought off Linds when he was running Sevenspeed. These were over £200 at the time, about £250 if I recall.

They have a couple of different mounts and have a remote wired external mic, proper standalone bullet cam (Which you can upgrade if you like) and have a small lcd type screen with buttons that you can view the camera feed from, play back etc. They record to an SD card which mounts in the side of the screen/display unit (I fitted to the tunnel so you can work it while driving). The cameras themself mount lovely to the roll cage and give a good view over the cockpit.

I don't actually have any footage to show you. Well, I did...but when I watched it myself I was terrified it would get into the wrong hands and deleted it. I bought them as I was running a Caterham hire business and wanted to make a video. They have both been fitted but hardly used at all.

The cameras are 720p, and so are good quality compared to all in one bullet cam setups, but are not on par with the modern 1080, GoPro HD leaque of things. That being said, they're not bad...and they're certainly not in GoPro HD price range either. Footage is smooth, not jumpy or wavy like you tend to get in cheaper kits.

Being brutally honest, these are a great bullet cam kit to give it a try and see if you fancy recording racing, trackdays, sprints or laps of McDonalds carpark. They are not dvd quality, but you could upgrade the camera if you like, so it's perfect to give videoing a go, and if you get hooked, just upgrade the camera itself (Keep the recorder).

I'm asking £99 for the pair. Beats the life out of duct taping your iPhone to the roll bar ;o)

Hi Jon. A few folks have requested pics and info, so I'll sort it all out this evening and list it out in more detail. I'll mail you the info then. Sorry it's so sketchy detailed, my aul mind is away with it *redface*

Thanks.

Willie has kindly sent me a photo and a bit more of a description, so I'll post the key bits here to avoid everyone else asking for the same information:

----

Willie's comments:

A number on the camera says 520, so it's possible they're actually 520. I can't be sure. I've just discovered I've only the one recorder unit. I am 100% the other is here. I'm going to try turning it up as soon as possible... hoping to get a good hunt for it tonight. That's one kit; I've two of those.

Battery pack

Leads

Microphone

Rollbar clamp

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/8713/dsc0576iz.jpg

----

Keybaud's comments:

If this is a 520 camera, it probably produces an analogue TV picture that is recorded in a digital format on the SD card. DogCam still do a 520, but 520 also appears to be a common Sony model for older CCTVs and sports cams.

The photo has the words DST on and a quick Google comes up with the following:

http://www.cctv-dst.com/productshow.asp?id=174

Willie, do you know what model the recorders are, as this will affect whether they can use the newer SD HC (High Capacity) cards or not, which will also affect the maximum size card the recorder can manage?

Edited by - keybaud on 12 Mar 2013 20:55:38

Apologies for the confusion over these cameras. I now also have a photo of the recorder spec as I found the user manual (Still haven't found the second recorder though). Anyone interested can blatmail me for it.

Realising these are 520 and not 720, I'm not sure on price. If anyone wants to make an offer, feel free before I put the lot on eBay. If anyone fancies trying bullet cams, I'll take just about any decent offer.