Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Wrong colour Sikaflex

Bradders

Quoting elie boone: 
Yes you can paint it after it's fully hard, apply temp must be higher than 4°C !!

That might be a struggle. I nearly ran over a penguin on the way to work today.

Ta very much for advice guys *thumbup*

Edited by - Bradders on 11 Mar 2013 23:33:30

If it really is 291 then in my experience it won't stick thet well as it is a sealant, 292 is the proper stuff. I only bonded on bigheads though, so if your doing the wing to wing stay directly then the contact area might be sufficient. As for it being white just a quick squirt of satin black paint will sort that.

Having said that, looked at the tech specs on the two.

252 has a tensile strength of 600 PSI and 291i has 260 PSI. I have some sealing to do of some double glazing so I'll use the 291i for that (seeing as its white) and order up some of the 252 for the wings. In black *wink*

Quoting Garry7: 
I used 291 on big head rip tie fittings, still rock solid after 9 months and 5500 miles 😬

That's good, when I used it they last a week! The first time the wings got wet the sika just peeled off the underside of the wing - same wings and fittings then stayed firmly stuck for years with 292. Maybe I had a dodgy tube of 291?

On my new wings (on both cars) I've used BigHead FS Acrylic, seems even better than 292 and sets in minutes!