Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Spell checker

TomB

Could an English spell checker be incorporated into the forum software? One that works like MW Word, which underlines mispelt words would be idea. Is this possible? It would be especially useful writing long posts.

• Leadership Team

Quoting TomB: 
Could an English spell checker be incorporated into the forum software? One that works like MW Word, which underlines mispelt words would be idea. Is this possible? It would be especially useful writing long posts.

Does anyone use MW Word *confused*

Stu.

Quoting Jonathan Kay: 
Good idea.

I already get that from by browser (Safari on OS X). Who else does, using what?

Jonathan

Google Chrome underlines in red if you misspell something, however if you go into advanced options and change the language from "English United States" to "English" it says: "Google Chrome cannot be displayed in this language. This language cannot be used for spell checking" *rolleyes* 😔

Maybe its my anceint brwoser at wokr then *smile* Im on IE8.

Ive not noticed if Safari has a spell checker on the Macs at home I'll have to look. Would be handy if on the formatting buttons at the top of the post if there was a button to quickly scan the text for typos, but if its a browser issue rather than a forum issue, might not be worth it.