Click here if you are having website access problems ×

advice on 2lt vauxhall

ian c anderson

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm talking sphericals here. As far as I know provided the car is pre-SVA then the cat can be discarded (with a bit of re-tuning) in favour of a normal 4-->1 or 4-->2-->1 system. My '95 VX originally had a cat but there ain't one there now and it's been thru MOT 3 times with no problems.

If you need to discuss VX's, you can try me on 020 8642 0162 (office).

Steve

*arrowright* *arrowright*Harry Flatters *arrowright* *arrowright* *thumbup*

AKA Steve Mell

Strictly speaking it needs to be kit-built to get through an MOT without an emissions test, although a lot of MOT testers dont know that unless you tell them *wink*. It will have to say 'kit built' on the reg document as well and they'll need to see it for proof.

If its not kit-built then there will be a set of emissions limits it has to meet (they have a bl**dy great book with them all in) and you may or may not be able to acheive this without a cat.

Anyway, I thought you needed injection for catalysts so that the fuel flow can be moderated properly although I'm quite prepared to be proved wrong on this.

Nick

P8MRA - The green one with red wings.

Which is now bent ☹️ 🙆🏻 *mad* ☹️ 🙆🏻 *mad* ☹️ 🙆🏻 *mad* ☹️ 🙆🏻 *mad* ☹️ but is being fixed *thumbup* *smile*