Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Mercedes 320 CDI Elegance Tiptronic Estate 2000 (W)

Hirsute Hugh

FOR SALE Mercedes 320 CDI Elegance Tiptronic Estate 2000(W)

Susie and I are off to the other side of the world very shortly and sadly our beloved ‘barge’ isn’t NZ-compliant, so we can’t take her with us ☹️

We’re the second owners (since 2003) and no expense has been spared in keeping her in good condition. We fitted a tow bar (double electrics and relay) to tow a small caravan very occasionally. Our two golden retrievers have loved their spacious travelling accommodation and it would suit a similar rôle or for use as a track-day car with masses of space for all the usual paraphernalia. Many Blatchatters will know this car and several have driven it.

Bodywork is in very good condition with only a couple of minor scuff marks and this model is one of the last great Mercs before they had quality control issues. At just over 189,000 miles, in Mercedes terms, the car is barely run-in! Mostly long-distance mileage.

Dealer serviced until c2007 since when it has been looked after by the highly respected BMW / Mercedes Independent, Derrick Forrest Motors of Lincoln. It has a few minor issues as expected with a car of its age – the LED outside temperature display is intermittent and a false fault warning for a bulb failure pops up occasionally, easily cancelled via the steering wheel button. There is also a small chip in the screen, fixed by Autoglass, which doesn’t affect the driver’s vision.

Recently serviced and MOT’d (11 January, 2013)

Taxed until end of April

Full spec:

German build

Tansanite Blue

3,200cc common rail turbo diesel

5-speed Tiptronic

7 seats (2 rear facing), all with lap and diagonal belts

Full leather interior (light grey)

Electric seat adjustment (manual fore and aft)

Electric folding door mirrors

Remote audio

CD player

Air con

Cruise and Limit control

ESP

Side airbags

Multi-function steering wheel control and display

Auto dim interior RVM

Headlamp wash

Centre armrest cooling compartment

Security cover for luggage area

Fully flat luggage capacity when rear seats are folded forward (adaptable 2-part split)

c40mpg on motorways

Comes with a cherished plate R (our) 7 XXX

No pix (because I don’t know how to upload) *redface* – car available to view in NG13, Vale of Belvoir, Leicestershire

Cars of similar age and mileage have been advertised from £1,450 to upwards of £2,500

Asking price £1,250 including a half day Cadence on-road coaching session with me on collection or £1,150 excl.

I can be contacted on 01949 844 449

Hugh

Owww... you've got me tempted a little here.

Cathy needs a "cheap bus" to carry her daughters etc about in.

Have you any pictures you could send me ?

(Email address is in my profile)

Where abouts in NZ are you going ?

Hi guys *smile*

OBO Hugh, who's out-and-about atm...

It's RH drive.

We did look into taking the car, particularly as mileage isn't an issue for people in NZ. It would sell for £5+K over there. We couldn't find where the UN / ECE compliance plate was located, so contacted MB HQ in Milton Keynes and firstly they cheekily wanted £££s for supplying two certificates - then the lady said our car, iirc, was EU3 and they now require EU5 *eek* It's a great shame because we absolutely love the car and it would have saved all the hassle of finding a daily runabout when we arrive ☹️

We'll take some pix Nifty - and I can send them direct from my iPhoto. The car is going to be properly valeted before we hand her over, so excuse the 'quick wash' *redface* I'll take some shots to show the cavernous load bay, split rear seat configuration etc.

There are so many rules and regs on importing a container load of household effects - quite understandably as a remote island nation, they take their biosecurity extremely seriously - so anything that's been outside has to be power washed, steam cleaned, sterilised and dried thoroughly. I could write a book on what we've been doing over the past few months, to ensure we fulfil all their criteria 😬

We're taking the Caterham and she's just itching to set her new boots down on some of the world's best driving roads, once she has jumped through all the Low Volume Vehicle compliance and certification hoops

We'd really love the Merc to go to someone who'll get as much pleasure from her as we have

KRs

Susie

Be wary of the speed police in NZ, they lock their roads down tighter than a du....no never mind that one, they certainly do police their roads much tighter than we do. I assume you are emigrating for good? It's a lovely country, a little expensive and just a little backwards, but in a charming way, and everybody is so friendly. Best of luck and I hope the Merc goes to a good home and soon?

Paul