Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Adhesive for Bighead front wing fixing

Doug

I think the one people general reward as one of the best is Sikaflex 292, which I could only seem to find listed at yacht chandlers. I used Tiger Seal PU adhesive that I got from my local motor factors, fitted my wings about 6 years ago and they're still on the car, so seems to be working ok so far!

Hi Guy

I was hoping you'd reply! You recommended some good stuff, which I think I eventually lent you, which came from Demon Tweeks. Can you remember what it was?

Failing that I'll go for Silkaflax.

I think the Falkland Arms beckons...

Doug

I used Sikaflex when I first built the car. When one of the Bigheads came loose, you did indeed lend me some stuff to repair - see this thread.

I then changed to Carbon Fibre wings, after losing one of the original fibreglass ones on the M40 one afternoon. I'e got a feel I may have used a Wurth product from eBay. Or Sikaflex. Maybe *confused*

I'll give you a call re beer *thumbup*

Edited by - 7heavensoon on 1 Mar 2013 12:13:48

I used Araldite to fix the big heads quite generously so it oozed out the holes, left it 24 hours then used cable ties to fix to the stays. 6,000 miles without any problem. Plus easy to remove wing for ease of access when servicing the brakes. New cable ties every year is a cheap item.