Click here if you are having website access problems ×

1.6K Roadsport - No Longer for sale

willmac

Decided to move on my current car to make way for something new maybe *smile* . This is a copy of the ad that will eventually appear on PH, but seem to be having some issues in posting it at the moment. So meantime making a start here:

I have for sale my immaculate Factory built 2002 MY 1.6K Academy / Roadsport.

The car was never raced and hence converted for road use. It has only covered 11,700 miles and runs beautifully.

It is in the traditional green and yellow colour scheme and bodywork is in very good condition. I am only advertising the car as I have decided to change up to a more powerful car. Please see the spec below:

1600 K series completely standard

Brand new Titan LSD from R&R just installed ( changed for previous open diff )

5 Speed gearbox

Race chassis ( shortened passenger footwell, handbrake under dash )

FIA roll bar

Wide track

Uprated AP front brakes

Flat floored by Caterham

Apollo tank

13" minilites with Yoko A021 tyres ( have only done approx 1500 miles )

Fixed fire extinguisher system

Battery isolating switch

Switch for dual temp reading on water and oil

Tillet seats with foam padding to seat bottom and lower back ( very comfortable )

6 point harness driver side

4 point harness passenger side

DRE shift lights installed

Spa carbon mirrors ( with both short and long stem attachments for center mirror )

Rear wheel carrier removed ( stubs left to accommodate carrier again if required )

High level brake light

Stainless rear wing guards

12v socket

Brooklands aero screen

Captive nut retaining channels installed for quick change over from aero to windscreen

Half doors

Half hood

Tonneau cover

Heated Windscreen with full weather gear also included

Mechanical oil pressure gauge

Rear flexible brake lines just fitted

Brand new silicon radiator hoses recently installed ( in line "T" installed for ease of bleeding )

New plugs just installed

MOT & Taxed till August

This really is a lovely car in standard guise, and comes with the fantastic option of aero or windscreen. It has been lovingly cared for in my 18 months of ownership with frequent fluid changes and minor upgrades to keep her in fantastic mechanical health . I also will include a spare set of coil packs , throttle cable and a set of R888 proxy tyres if the right deal can be made.

If you are in the know , or research the most common minor upgrades for the K series you will find that pretty much all of them have been carried out to this car making it ready to go and enjoy, before you start fettling yourself !

I am currently overseas at work , but will be back in UK in a weeks time, so would appreciate if contact can be made via e mail / blatmail for the moment. I can e mail photos to interested parties until such time as my PH ad goes live

Price : £12,850

Thanks.

Edited: to add gearbox type and Battery isolating switch ( which i missed out on first posting )

Edited by - willmac on 13 Feb 2013 00:34:24

Edited by - willmac on 13 Feb 2013 00:36:41

Edited by - willmac on 13 Feb 2013 07:19:08

Edited by - willmac on 14 Feb 2013 02:18:17

Quoting Titanium7: 
Decision made Will *smile*

I'll never be able to keep up with you again *cry*

I can vouch for the condition of this car, its very good, a real bargain for someone.

Well, we'll see how it goes. I guess what's for you will not go by you ! 😬

• Leadership Team

Will, can I suggest that if you do post the ad on PH leave "Academy" out of the title ... I very nearly didn't bother reading this thread because I thought "oh just another race car"! It's right to include it in the listing but if it's not been raced why should you deter potential buyers before they've reached first base!

Stu.

Quoting sforshaw: 
Will, can I suggest that if you do post the ad on PH leave "Academy" out of the title ... I very nearly didn't bother reading this thread because I thought "oh just another race car"! It's right to include it in the listing but if it's not been raced why should you deter potential buyers before they've reached first base!

Stu.

Very good point Stu. I did wonder about that myself , but I guess was trying to be as true to the spec as possible. Much appreciated

• Leadership Team

In my opinion nothing wrong with an ex-Academy car. My first Caterham was similar, a 1400K C-Class racer that wasn't raced, it was quite common because the spec/value was very good as a new buy .... some people do have an issue over ex-race cars though therefore if it hasn't been raced not a good idea to shut the door on those potential buyers *thumbup*

Stu.

Fair point Stu. I suppose too there is always emotion linked to our cars when we buy them, and I can see why an ex-racer might be a scary leap for some.

Will - What you looking at moving on to? Curious as that seems a good base to upgrade engine wise. Sigma?

Edited by - Bradders on 13 Feb 2013 11:19:53

Quoting Bradders: 
Nice!! *thumbup*

Thanks Bradders.

At the market research stage with a few irons in the fire shall we say.

I love this wee car, but I always kind of knew I would upgrade at some point. So usual dilemma upgrade current engine or change car altogether ?

Quoting Ivaan: 
Will,

Hope you get the R500D. Finally, a car that may be able to pull away from me on a blat. 😬 *tongue* 😬

Perhaps we'll see you at the meet, if you're still in the UK.

Clive.

Thanks Clive, hope things work out too.

This could be fun 😬

Apologies to anyone who may have had an interest in my car for sale.

Initial plans will not work out as expected , so at least for the moment am going to hang onto it.

The search continues 😬

Don't worry Clive you will be out in front for a wee while longer *cool*