Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Alcon brake kit

Charlie7

I've recently fitted the new RS-15 from Monmouth (their number's in the archives somewhere) and they are absolutely tops *thumbup* Bit pricey at circa £125 for an axel set but I'm well impressed, loads of initial bite which gives the confidence to brake later and I've not made them fade yet but have yet to give them stick on a dry track.

Blokey at Monmouth knows bucket loads about brakes and pads (think he suppliesthe standard kit to Caterham?!) as he used to work for Lucas, would recommened a chat with him as a minimum. He was reckoning that a really good set of pads (RS-14/15 typically) on the std calipers could work as well as a 4 pot system *thumbup*

I've got the Alcon brake upgrade which was a vast improvement on the standard calipers I had ('92 HPC).

They still didn't set the World alight, and I put this down to the Greenstuff pads JW supplied. I replaced these this year with Mintex 1155, and they're a further improvement especially when warmed up on the track.

I know boys who run Pagids in 911's, and I'm talking real shoulder-busting braking performance when they slam on the anchors - maybe I'll try these Pagids next on the 7.

Pagids go by colour, what colour are the RS14 / 15 ??