• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Llandow high grip wet test

Pembrey high speed testing

llys y fran throttle control maintaining corner speed test

epynt braking test prior to sharp right hander

Anglesey high speed multi gradient test

oh if you can drive in the wet you vmcan drive. Also have a wet weather map on ECU just to help.

David

Hi Guys,

I am thinking of entering the Speed Championship for the first time. I have competed for many years in the Longton Speed Championship in my 1600cc Superlight. I have down loaded the Regs and have a couple of questions...

Can you be in more than one championship at the same time? I know some championships don't allow this

I am not sure what class my car would fall into, even after reading the regs. its a road going 1600cc Superlight (approx 135bhp) with a six speed gearbox and 1B tyres. I have to run with a full windscreen to meet the Regs for Class 2A in the Longton Champ.

Any advise would be gratefully received,

Thanks, Andy

yes you can run in more than 1 championship, if for whatever reason you are not running in the l7 class at the event, just make sure Chris Brammall (the scorer) know so he can make sure you get put in the right class when it comes to the scoring...

Car spec says class 3 to me *thumbup*, although for our champs you don't need the screen

rob

Edited by - robmar on 21 Feb 2013 15:34:09

The 1b tyres do put you in class 3. As long as your entered in the championship you can drop me an email through on the dual events and you will be credited for L7C championship points.

On the day any awards wold be counted as those running in the class as far as the organising club goes.

• 2 weeks later...

Still room for just one or two more in the championship 😬

Some of the regular faces have not got there entries in yet 😔

Where else can you get a great crowd of people, have some banter in the paddock and oh er have some great competition at the same time...

Class 2 is looking busy 😬 and should be a close battle this year. *cry*

Edited by - CaterBram Jnr on 2 Mar 2013 20:39:07

OK Chris, just to help the cause along I have done my entry to the Championship!

Not that we have a working car yet but we DO have a lot of very shiny and blue hoses and some lovely colourful anodised connectors (this is what happens when I let Shaun go out shopping for 'ancillaries' on his own). Just hope the horses appreciate it *rolleyes*

Gill *biggrin*