Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Two engines started on Saturday

Alan Bowler

First start of neighbours Ultima...

which has been keeping us busy.

And the Haynes model engine started first time as well.

Hoping my K series BowlerSport special starts as easily (if I ever finish it).

Anyone else got any interesting work in progress? (that isn't top secret).

AB

• 1 month later...

all in took was some sunshine and a few degrees of warmth, started on the first press of the button. Really need to sort out that cold map....

also managed to fix the horn that hasn't worked for 3 years in time for MOT (the wire had come off the button under the dash 😳)

and also fitted the HANS plate and tried it out, although It has raised a question about the fitting that I hadn't considered *confused*

rob

well - if I push my head forward and down (as far forward as I can) I seem to be able to touch my helmet to the hans device when fitted, I had expected the tethers to not allow this...

if I jut my head neck out forward only the tethers do their job

can you get different length tethers?

besides that fitment seemed fine and getting in and out of the car and doing up belts was not as big of a hassle as I had thought it might be,although it is very tight around my neck when sliding on....

rob

so after a little research - this isn't an issue *thumbup*

http://hansdevice.com/s.nl/sc.5/category.22/.f

Are my tethers too long? I can touch my chin to my chest with the device on.

•No.

•The HANS Device comes properly adjusted for all drivers. Unless you have changed the tether length it is fine and will work in an impact.

•The HANS Device is the only head & neck restraint that allows exceptional vision via slack tethers and exceptional safety due to the way it works. The slack in the tethers is automatically taken up during impact. For information on how to adjust your tethers to factory specs go hereand scroll down to Quick Start Guide

Rob