Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Horn

Sheds Moderator

My 96 factory built 1.4ss has no horn fitted. No, I don't know how it got an MoT either. Honest Officer 😳. I want to fit one, but which switch is normally used? Please don't say "wheel centre push" 'cos mine doesn't have one.

Blipping the throttle works quite well as "an audible warning" with a 4-1, but I'm not sure it satisfies Construction and Use Regs. 😬

Red Fiamm ones from Halfords are about 15 quid (I think you can get them in blue or black from other outlets). You can probably get lighter ones as the compressor on these is made out of depleted uranium, but they aren't half loud and sound much better than the limp wristed electric ones.

Lorry drivers cack their pants when they hear these going off alongside as they start to pull out on you.

They also look amusing under the bonnet (horns, not lorry drivers).

When I got mine there was a horn fitted but nothing to operate it. Turned out that it had the standard steering wheel with centre push when it was SVA'd but this was then changed to QR wheel later. Just fitted a push button to the right of the wheel that i could get to without moving my hands from the normal driving position

MikeW

W89 TVV Car no 79