Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Newly rebuilt 0miles 2ltr Formula 2 BDG

cdg

Posting for a friend.

Formula 2 BDG.

Just had rebuild costing £22000 (!) by George Wadsworth, with new Sportscar cams by Richardsons.

Best of everything. Alloy block, dry-sump, slide throttle injection etc.etc.

280+bhp.

Beautiful!

For sale at fraction of build cost.

£14000 but would possibly haggle.

Please contact me in first instance.

Chris.

Spoke to the seller today, this is what spec it is- alloy block (Quaife 90mm) Farndon crank, Carrilo rods, L1 cams, with Lucas mechanical 6mm injection, just built dyno time only 263bhp@7500rpm.

A very nice engine, and certainly worth the money!

C7 PWT X-Flow all Steel

Dave,

Don't quote me but I believe it's virtually all brand new, possibly with the exception of the head casting. My good friend Michael at Tollbar Racing has the full spec, if anyone is interested. 01629 735176.

And yes it is a lot of money; can't argue with that, but everything's relative and compared to the price of a "new" F2 spec BDG, it's relatively inexpensive.

*biggrin*

Chris.

So that's a 280 bhp engine like yours then is it Arnie 😳

As I understood it a 'proper' all singing and dancing Swindon 2lt is around £27k complete.

Lets not forget how fast a Caterham will really go with a 'genuine' 280 bhp before we all start making out how easy it is to achieve.

Maybe I'm a bit bias but there were only ever 3 'proper' 4 cylinder 2 litre race engines in my opinion - The BD, Hart and BMW F2 engine...... from 3rd to 1st place.

I accept that as far as a converted road engine go the vx in hard to beat though - especially if it's got an alloy block.

Home of BDR700