Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Fitting a Poweramp battery

zetec

How much demand would there be for some simple battery case/ brackets? The only ones I can find are very expensive. If we could get these as jet-cut flat aluminium sheets with added lightness and marked for folding would anyone with the equipment be prepared to fold them for others?

Jonathan

They fit flat on the footwell for an SV but it's tight. I doubt it would fit in an S3.

I tried to find pics of my install but didn't.

I made mine from some scrap bits of allly bent to hold battery(flat) with heavy duty velcro straps to stop it falling out if the car is upside down.

Cheers

Grebby

I have a similar sized battery and can confirm on my 1993 S3 it fits on top of the passenger footwell. See photos at bottom of this page.

ISTR there was a debate about this sometime back and it appeared that some found it did fit lying down and others it didn't..... Mine is fitted to an 'amended' Banner battery tray.

Please note that the tray is normally only riveted onto the footwell and I'm not sure that the rivets would hold the battery in a shunt. I have bolted mine to the footwell and used penny washers to prevent the bolts pulling the nut through the footwell.