Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Scalextric track, barriers, haybales, cones etc

peterg

Finally got this lot down from the loft and sort through it all...

A lot of this was given to me on my 10th birthday in 1965 *redface* as a 'Scalextric Set 55' but I added stuff to it myself and then acquired a load more from an older friend who gave me his track and other bits after he grew out of it...

There is approximately 60ft of track plus accessories which includes:

Pits - switchable entrances so you can continue or pull into the pits (PT91, PT93 and PT95S and T)

Goodwood chicane (PT77)

Short chicane x 2 (PT78, two different styles)

Long chicane (PT74 and PT75 x 2, 3 straight lengths where the tracks converge to allow only one car at a time)

Lap counter (C272)

Chequered startline area

Banked curves x 7

Long curves x 16

Short curves x 3

Short straights x 11

Long Straights x 16

Brickwork look cardboard humpack bridge with logos of Shell, Ferodo, and Girling - it came in my original Scalextric Set 55 and is in very good condition despite being nearly 50 years old - it allows a figure of eight crossover like at the Fuji circuit *smokin*

There are also many 23 x haybales, 10 x cones and 63 x barriers of various types/colours, flagpoles and Start/Finish banner.

There are also 4 x (C265) hand controllers and 3 x power supply transformers, a Scalextric C920, a Hammant & Morgan 'Victor' and a Triang unmarked one.

I have the original box for Set 55 but it has no cardboard innards and has been repaired with parcel tape on all four corners. I even have a 1978 Scalextric catalogue - which was probbably the last time I thought about slot cars... *wink*

Most of the metal track slots are dull after being in storage for 30+ years but if should all buff up OK, only two bits of track had tiny amounts of rust on them but they rubbed up OK, oh, and one 'straight' was a bit warped and although it levelled out it has bent the metal slots a bit so will need a bit of fettling to be perfect.

This lots fills two suitcases so I'd prefer collection from RG12 (outskirts of Bracknell) but if you're near Croydon I can drop off when visiting family there or anywhere in between the two locations.

Say £60 for the lot?

NB: there are no actual cars included in this lot but if anyone really wants a Scalextric C1 Alpine Renault in very good condition, boxed with 'maintenance pamphlet' for £50 or a pair of pristine (seriously, they have barely been used) C125 Martini Porsche 935 cars in boxes (both price marked £5.75) with maintenance instructions and unused spare brushes for £50 send me a blatmail please *thumbup*

Interestingly, a mate of mine has the '55' set (complete - but box falling apart)...

I've also got various bits of elderly track, haybales, the original switchable pits-complex, part of the original hillclimb track and various moth-eaten vintage brochures...

Happy days!

Quoting peterg: 
Just one car left now... a Scalextric C1 Alpine Renault in very good condition, boxed with 'maintenance pamphlet' for £50 (plus p&p) - last one on eBay in worse condition sold for £62 *wink*

Sell it to Caterham. It may give them some ideas about their new car 😬