Click here if you are having website access problems ×

vibra technics engine mounts

k.russell

after speaking to them at autosport they said they may be able to do some discount for a bulkbuy of engine mounts. I know Roger Swift fitted these to his car, and it may be the case that the stud stays in the mount meaning that the engine may need lifting to fit, but i could find out if they coud be supplied as an open thread design, the one i was shown at autosport was like this.here

Following Roger's advice I fitted them too to overcome an engine location issue and I'm pretty sure that they significantly improved a vibration problem as well.

They are designed so that, should the rubber fail, the studs won't pull out so it may be that the fail-safe design precludes having a removable bolt. The studs are far too long for our purpose and provided you don't mind losing the plating from the end, you could cut them down a bit. You also need to be aware that the mount is taller than the standard item supplied by CC so you may have to reduce the height of the engine mounting brackets by removing about 3mm from the underside of the tube and arm through which the vertical bolt goes.