Click here if you are having website access problems ×

1979 Austin Mini 1000

Scott Dabinett

I had a 1982 Mini which I sold a few years back with 16k on the clock. Bought it many years ago from an old timer so was beige with a brown steering wheel cover!

Great fun little car and regret selling it to this day, especially as I appear to have virtually given it away... *rolleyes*

I would love to drive a mini again, it would be like a trip down memory lane. *smile*

My last mini before changing to "bigger cars" was a 1977 1098 clubman which me & my Dad developed over time to be quite a quick car. *smokin* It handled every bit as well as a caterham, just didn't like motorways. 70mph & the engine was thrashing away at a little over 4000rpm.

Mine had the same seat trim as I recall.....very 70's.

Good luck with the sale, if I had the space & some spare cash I could be tempted. *wink*

Quoting Flee7y: 
Hi Scott, , Is there absolutely no rot anywhere & has it ever been refurbed / rebuilt ?

It has a small hole in the middle of the boot floor that i have bonded some stainless over and a tiny little bit of bubbling on the passenger A panel, apart from that it is solid!

And I don't think it has ever been rebuilt just kept going I think!

Edited by - Scott Dabinett on 16 Jan 2013 19:09:33