Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Chassis Mods

donut

I'm after some advice from anyone that's had this work done before - I'll be getting new side and rear panels fitted to my 1998 1.8 SS in a couple of weeks at Arch. I'm already getting Watts linkage mounts fitted while the car's stripped but is there any other chassis mod's that I should consider having done at the same time?

Martin

C7 MPR

Monte Carlo blue,

Cycle Wings

*cool* *cool* *cool*

Get the diff mounts checked. With big power cars they are prone to cracking and pulling out of the chassis. This may not be a problem on your later car and maybe not with your engine but worth a look. Arch know all about the problem and have a series of mods to strengthen them.

Race tubes in the floor? Not sure how much they help but while it's apart..... Do you use the inertia reel belts or high mount rear anti roll bar? If not then get the boxes for the belts cut out, as they're part of seat belt regs they're big and strong (so heavy). Are you on cycle wings? If so there are lots of redundant brackets for the clam shells. Hmmm perhaps getting a bit carried away here.