Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Roll Cage for 1996 HPC.

AndyPenman

Hi There, I'm seeking a full cage for my HPC. I currently use an FIA rollbar with petty strut but am keen to upgrade but retain the windscreen. Don't know if it's possible to fabricate 'extension' to existing to create cage - but happy to be advised - obviously I'd need this to pass club-level scrutineering.

Many Thanks.

I noticed this one for sale a short while ago. Nothing to do with me.

As for the extension to the FIA Bar. A number of us explored doing something similar, earlier this year. We found that the costs involved were prohibitive and there are very few businesses willing to consider the idea. Especially as the businesses we approach are more inclined to sell you a full cage!

Hi Andy,

I have a VX race car chassis and have fitted a Roadsport cage to it, imperial cage I'm sure. The dashboard needed drilling for the 3 holes on the brackets on each side - I suspect that is true of most cars - and I don't think the chassis had threaded inserts for the main front mounting brackets, but the are inserts in there for the petty strut I'm guessing, for a different size bolt.

I have also had mine modified to look like the curved bar Caged cage but that was for ease of entry etc, it's not FIA compliant obviously.

Edited to add that I have a screen fitted and use the normal hood as well as a half hood but the hood sticks don't fit anymore.

Michael.

Edited by - michaelw on 28 Dec 2012 17:41:06

Hi Allen, that sounds like the thing I'm looking for - I think. I'm perfectly happy to have it modified and or repainted - my car isn't pristine by any measure but I do try......

Have you thought about how much you'd be looking for to sell the cage? I'd be happy to collect? Many Thanks, AndyP.