Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Dogcam Mini HDVR > Ipad

johnpbransfield

The Apple Camera Connection kit has restricted functionality: it's not a full-function SD card reader. But sometimes it can be persuaded to do a bit more than it says on the packet. There is some previous discussion in the archives.

I don't know anything about DogCams: are you trying to move the video in real-time or to put in on an SD card and then move the card to the iPad?

Are there any options on the file format used?

Jonathan

Here's the Apple technical info for the Camera Connection Kit. Any overlap between that and what the DogCam can output? Is this bit relevant:

If your camera supports both PTP and Mass Storage Device modes, it may be necessary to use both modes to import all media content. If some files do not import as expected using one mode, try switching to the other mode and importing again.

Note: Some cameras may refer to PTP as Pictbridge or PTP/Pictbridge.

Which iPad do you have?

Jonathan

Edited by - Jonathan Kay on 21 Dec 2012 17:22:29

Aha... I don't think Safari comes into it. The app you need to use is Photos.

If that doesn't work can you open the SD card on another computer and see where the video files are?

Jonathan

PS: I don't have any of the three relevant bits of kit. Is there anyone out there who has this working already?

John,

The iPad with camera connector kit will only recognise certain types of video file in the photo app? Can't recall which but a quick search of google may tell you.

My old cheaply camera was in a format that didn't work with the ipad but my go pro will.

Oli