Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Zetec into K series hole

paul jacobs

I have to admit to being quite lucky with my conversion, in a) having someone who REALLY wanted my xflow engine (£££££'s 😬), and b) found a fantastic k series 'kit' for approx. half what I sold my xflow 'kit' for *thumbup*

Apart from a trip to Arch to have the necessary chassis mods carried out properly (I could have done them myself, but wanted to retain some 'originality'), and the purchase of some secondhand parts from other people's upgrades to complete the job, I'm very happy with the finished result, and especially in the way the car 'feels' with the amount of weight being removed from the front of the car.

Yes, fitting a zetec would have been massively easier, but you take what life throws at you sometimes, and in my case I feel I've definitely won this time! *smile*

I've also got a large white Ark sitting in my back yard Rog, which may need an anchor if this rain continues! 😬

BTW, if you're bored over the hols. give me a ring and come up and have a look at the latest 'project', in fact we could have the next 1st Thursday in my garage! *wink*

Edited by - Paul Jacobs on 24 Dec 2012 10:33:22

Hey you nosey git, can't I keep anything a secret on here? 😬

It's looking more and more difficult to source a 2.3 Duratec, even a standard 200 engine, so unless something turns up during the next couple of months, I will probably have the only Zetec CSR in existence, now with the front wings facing the right way!

Hey, great write up in LF btw Martin, I like your style *thumbup*

I have a brand new 2.3 duratec in stock. Ranger spec + high port head. Also all the bits to build a the engine up to a high spec inc steel rods,pistons,cams,TBS,dry sump,flywheel,clutch etc., had it ear marked for my next project but may sell if the price is right.

Rob

Edited by - Rob Walker on 31 Dec 2012 14:00:42