Click here if you are having website access problems ×

PIAA 80 EVO H4 lights - now with pricing

7 wonders of the world

I'm looking into the possiblilty of arranging a bulk buy on PIAA 80 Evo lights, these are H4 (main / dip) with a sidelight, they would be supplied with the standard M12 mounting bolt and without harness.

Link here PIAA 80 EVO

Economies of scale will naturally affect the pricing so i'd like to get an idea of interest please?

I would look to get the consignment delivered to my home and distribute individual orders from there, probalby on an insured carrier basis - TBC

Lights would be supplied in pairs complete with the bulb as indicated on the link.

Please add your interest below,

Thanks *wavey*

Edited by - 7 wonders of the world on 3 Dec 2012 22:27:10

Edited by - 7 wonders of the world on 4 Dec 2012 11:21:43

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK pricing as follows:

Based on 10 people wanting a pair each.

£184.77 incl VAT for a pair

That's delivered to my home, we can then look at onward carraige depending who / where you all are, we might be able to GONADS them between us hopefully if not I will look into a decent carrier.

I've had a few enquiries regarding the 80 EVO's performance compared to Cibie Oscar H4's, I asked the question and the reply is below:

There really is no comparison between the Cibie and the 80 EVO, the Cibie is the same unit that is at least 20 years old, don’t get me wrong still a good unit, the 80 EVO uses the latest multi surface reflector, where all the work is done in the reflector and the lens is clear, as with many modern lights now, the reflector of the PIAA unit is also Teflon coated, the lens is 5.4mm thick and is tempered to help resist stone chips.

These will offer a light system to match the performance of the car, perfect for night blats, touring and all year round useage. I personally always found the performance of the CC 7" & 53/4" lights, even after upgrading the bulbs, somewhat lacking especially on dip beam.

I have no affiliation or conection with PIAA, I am merely a club member offering the oppertunity to buy at a discounted rate.

Form an orderly que please *wink*

Are these smaller 5 3/4 lights or the bigger 7 inch size? Do they fit in the existing shell, or is the BB for the full headlamp/ bowl assembly? My 5 3/4 lights, as the standard ones before were, are dreadfull compared to a tintop, even with uprated H4 bulbs.

Just to chuck in another thought - I reckon the apparent crapness of the standard style lights is more due to the relative position of the driver to the lamps - you are looking along the beam, rather than down on them as you do in a tin-top.

Set 'em right for dip, and main is too high. And viki-verki.

I have modern, clear, lenses in my standard lamp shells, and while better, they still feel not as good as tin-top lights.

Bri

That's a fair point, I had the same alignment issues aong with massive light scatter and black holes too. SWMBO has an MX-5 and I checked the relationship between head and headlight and it's not a million miles away from what my 7 was.

Significant difference in night vision though compared with the 30 year old technology of the OE CC lights.

I think the PIAA option possibly on lowered brackets will offer a massive difference in performance though.

Hi Andy,

The CC versions in both sizes are years old in design, the Cibie H4 is better but again still the old deisgn of using the glass to focus the beam, the PIAA use modern reflectors to do this which makes for a much more focused beam (please see coments form PIAA in my earlier post)

Please let me know if you have any more Q's and I will speak with PIAA in order to obtain the answers for you.

cheers *wavey*

Cagey H & upo D *wavey*

The 80 EVO lights are 'flat dip' and therefore there is no 'kick' up to either side on dip - same as on many new tintops, bikes have had these for years too.

Basically it enable car manufatures to just make 1 light that fits all.

PIAA confirmed FULL E marking and use for Euro use, I also spoke to 2 reputable MOT garages I know and talk thro the current regs with them both confirmed no issues at all as Tintops now run these *thumbup*

Edited by - 7 wonders of the world on 12 Dec 2012 21:31:53