Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

How should the side repeater wire be sleeved for IVA at Nottingham?

Grubbster

My car is going to CC mids for IVA and I've been sent a list of things I need to re-do a bit differently due to the interpretation of the regs at Nottingham

One of them is that the side repeater wire needs to be sleeved with windscreen washer pipe and not just the heatshrink (as stated in the assembly guide and on the IVA notes initially provided). Threading the wire through the wing stay and the grommet at the exit was almost impossible, so with washer hose on it can't be done. So does anyone know - do I remove the grommet so that the washer hose can be threaded into the wing stay or do I just thread the hose on to the wire as far as I can up towards the grommet?

Having done exactly as you have and per the manual I also sleeved wires with heat shrink and grommet. When it came back from Caterham mids it was minus the grommet, they had cut off the heat shrink over about 8 cms and put clear hose over instead( why the clear washer hose not just over the top of the heat shrink I don't know, it looked sh@t! ). I would think just clear hose over heat shrink where it goes through strut, no grommet, and some clear silicon to seal it all. Heads up, they did the same where the wires enterered the body of the car too. Should give a *thumbup* to midlands for putting it all straight again afterwards wheni kicked off as I said it looked terrible as it was but don't see why the clear washer hose over heat shrink should be a problem. This was an aug inspection. Pm me if you want more heads up on what seemed to be done by midlands to get it through