Click here if you are having website access problems ×

R500 Primaries

R500 CYA

I have an R500 cat and silencer which I am going to use on my SLR racecar to get it through the SVA.

What I didn't realise is that the R500 primaries are 1/4" wider in diameter than the SLR and so I need to buy a set of R500 ones to fit the system I have.

Before I splash out £400 could anyone confirm that they will fit? The SLR primaries are quite tight around the starter motor, so will I need to make modifications to fit R500 ones?

Cheers,

Nick

Nick

Three things things

Are you sure you want to fit a Cat and be ridiculed in every pitlane in the land *smile*

Rather than buy new primaries I had my 4 - 2 -1 Collector stripped of it's 2 1/4 pipe and replaced with a 2 1/2 by Powerspeed for £45 a possibility with what you have?

or I of course now have a 4 - 1 collector as yours with 2 1/2 primary holes, why not get powerspeed to 'adjust' it for you' it's onlty cluttering up my garage

Mark

Gentlemen,

Thank you so much for your responses.

Mark, don't worry I won't be seen in the pit lane sporting a cat, it is purely for the SVA, after that it will never be seen again. That said if you have that old 4-1 kicking about perhaps you could bring it along on 30th as I'm experimenting with my options. Perhaps I could exchange it for something more valuable. Beer?

Pauly, thanks a lot for the offer, I have no idea when I am going to get round to putting the car in for it's SVA, but I will you give you a call when it's booked in if that's ok with you. Still got to get it reskinned, sort the loom out, fix the handbrake etc etc. All good fun!

Thanks again all of you,

Nick