Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Throttle potentiometer for X Flow

Clay Head

Has anyone good experience with this type of upgrade to improve the driveability of a powerful X-flow? (something like the DTA system for example). My main objectives would be to improve light throttle running and low down drivability whilst getting more power if possible. I have 1800 x-flow with 244 cam and 45 dellortos.

I'd be very interested in opinions and experiences and benefits seen from such an upgrade. I expect costs to be around £500-700. Any clues about that, too!

I take it that you mean a 3d mapping system. I have the weber alpha unit, and it has totally transformed the car. My engine is also highly tuned 180+bhp, and before i fitted the kit it too was a pig to drive at light throttle. In my experiance it is certainly a way to bring the X-Flow into the modern ways of todays technology! Price arround £500-600+mapping on a rolling road.

C7 PWT X-Flow all Steel

Yes, 3d mapping is where I'm looking. Although I only run a 244 cam, the car is fantastic when driven how it is supposed to be driven. However on today's roads the carbs spit and run a little weak, hesitating on light throttle in traffic at say 30-50 mph. They are obviously set up right as the thing produces around 160BHP and 138lb ft torque and goes like hell when driven hard. It sounds like it is worth investigating further.

Is it not possible that although the carbs are set to give good top end power lower down the rev range or for progression they may need a little more work. Having said that 3D mapping will greatly improve just about everything. I have Webber Alpha and it's good but the dissadvantage compared to others is it can only be mapped by a webber agent.