Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Tillet Seats

John Howe

Looking to bye-pass Caterham's over pricing policey, I wrote to Tillets in respect of a rumoured new seats they were soon to release on the market and questioning whether the new model might suit a Seven...

Received an amazingly quick response on a Saturday, which is repeated below for general interest..

"Dear John,

Yes it is true, we are developing a new seat.

Whether or not it will fit in a Caterham I doubt, at 17 1/2 inches I think it will be a little too wide.

This seat has been designed for the many other vehicles that we get enquiries for every week. We already have the Caterham seat which is sold by Caterham, so there was not much point in competing with our own R500 seat. It should fit in the wide bodied Caterham SV though.

The prototypes are being finished this week.

The weight should be under 3kg.

Best regards

Steve Tillett"

JH

Deliveries by Saffron, *thumbup* the 222bhp yellow Sausage delivery machine

Following Steve Tillet's response, I wrote again asking for a price guide and the model number/name for the new seat... his reply is repeated below

"Dear John,

At first it will be available as a lightweight totally Carbon fibre version and I expect the price to be between £450 and £550

We have not come up with a definite name yet but if you refer to it as the Viper seat we will know what you mean.

A cheaper glass fibre version will follow.

best regards

Steve Tillett "

JH

Deliveries by Saffron, *thumbup* the 222bhp yellow Sausage delivery machine

I guess that's the price that the market will bear ?

- still, at least fat b@stards like me may be able to squeeze into one 😬 so I'm grateful for the option irrespective of price as the standard race seats are a non-starter..

regards

fc