Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

DigiDash

alan7

My Brother uses one on his Bike Engine race car (750 Motor Club - RGB Series).

Had some initial software problems (which were sorted quickly), but otherwise good piece of kit. The company owner Alistair Massarella, also runs in the RGB series and has sold quite a few in the 750 Motor Club circles.

Has all the normal functionality, sequential shift lights, oil pressure, water temp, lap timing etc. Good cheaper alternative to Stack etc.

If you need more advise, I'm sure my brother would be happy to give more detail.

Paul

There's quite a few nice little all-in-one dashes now. This one, the Motec (which is really the daddy of them all), the Stack unit (still my fav with the analogue tacho), the one Geefin recently advertised (can't remember the name) and the Microdash from Spa which fits into the steering wheel... but I saw another which I thought was excellent in the latest Mag from the MSA. From a company called Farrington (or something) they integrated the display into the steering wheel rim, rather like an F1 wheel. Stack modules integrate into this wheel too.

Currently trying to find the appropriate web site.

Mmm, perhaps this ought be on Techtalk.

Worcs L7 club joint AO.//Membership No. 4379//Azure Blue SLR No. 0077//Se7ens List Tours

and very tempting at 1750

"SWIS10-3 Steering Wheel Instrument System - Instruments, lap Timer and Performance Meter with Data Logging

£1750.00"

might have to rethink that potential stack purchase next year, although I like them as well :-)

rob

Just been talking to John Gare ETB Instruments about the DigiDash.

Just taken over the project fronm Custom Autotech & first batch of production will not be ready until Jan 2003.

50 preproduction units sold to M/cycle based race cars.

Not sure yet what specs/models will be in production yet but basic 'road' spec includes:-

Speedo

Tacho

Shift Lights

Oil P & Temp

Water Temp

Fuel Level

0-60 Timer

Gear Display

Extrtas to include

Laptimer

Datalogging

GPS

G-Sensor

Likely cost to be £495.00 + VAT + £10.00 P&P for next day delivery

Must admit the SWIS Steering Wheel setup looks the dog's b**** *eek*

As someone's already said, Alistair Massarella is one of the Custom Autotech directors and raced (he's just sold the car due to the patter of tiny feet) in the 750MC RGB series. For the functionality you get, I don't think you can beat the DigiDash, except maybe with the MyChron 3 which was the one GeeFin was (is?) promoting.

The Digidash isn't as attractive as a Stack or Motec unit IMHO but you just have to look at the price to see why. For £500, logging and a virtual dashboard-in-a-box it's pretty good. Ginetta are using it in their road cars, and it's being fitted to the new ADR1000 Sports 1000 racer.

Dan

Stack/Farringdon are releasing a joint effort with the steering wheel display wheel next year

It will basically replace/be an addition to a stack dash although it uses a st800 logging box which with control all the function.

the wheel is still in the development stage with a few minor mods before it gets to the prod stage.

The stack version will be more expensive than farringdon as it has a few more features

Dave

It'll be the dog kahoonas though. Imagine being able to take all your dash clocks out, replacing your switchgear with small toggle and push switches in the steering centre and replacing dash with un-spoilt piece of carbon fibre.

Gets my vote. I want one, but sadly won't be able to buy one unless my numbers come up.

Worcs L7 club joint AO.//Membership No. 4379//Azure Blue SLR No. 0077//Se7ens List Tours

Actually, I don't think I would want one, although I can see that it would look rather niiiicce. I just think that I'd rather have my instruments fixed in one place where I can see them rather than spinning round and round on the steering wheel. And anyway, I'd be bound to lose it if it was a QR wheel *wink*

Dan