Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Garage help

PizzaOvenKing

Hi all, *wavey*

So my Caterham is a bit poorly.. running very rich and although the pops and bangs sound amazing the petrol taste it leaves in the passengers mouth isn't too pleasant. It also has problems with idle.

Its an R300 ECU and throttle bodies, its had a new air filter, plugs, leads and coil less than 300 miles ago but still a bit lumpy. *evil*

So can anyone recommend anybody skilled enough to look at the map and give it a tune up accordingly?? I am based in Oxford and am willing to travel to the right person.

I am fairly handy with a spanner and not one to shy away from work but its reading the ECU map and then balancing that which puts me off...

Many Thanks in advanced for the barage of responses I am sure to get :-)

http://www.blatchat.com/T.asp?id=56472

The above blat chat link it to the correct settings for the throttle bodies. I had similar issues on my 1800k (R conversion with MBE ECU with r mapping) After much research and fiddling she is now set dead right on the settings listed. With vacuum guage and multimeter to hand its quite easy to DIY. Try this first before if you get the chance. If not make a note of the throttle body settings and take them along with you in case you need them as reference. Good luck

Fil *wavey*

Hi

The description of your R300 sounds just like mine was.

I had verniers fitted and the cam timing sorted by Dave Andrews (DVA Power). The timing was hugely out! Dave also checked the throttle bodies, throttle position sensor and various other bits. This gave the car much better manners.

I then had it remapped by Steve Greenald at www.tracknroad.com/ - this improved things further - driveability, fuel consumption etc. and made it into the car it should have been when it left the factory.

Good luck.