Click here if you are having website access problems ×

roll cage question

robmar

does any one know if can you fit the rollcage (the bendy one *eek* by which I mean the tubes are in arcs rather than straight tubes) to a car fitted with a windscreen 🤔

also any one know the cost of this and the extra side intrusion bits...

rob

I believe not, hence the invention if the roadsports cage which can.

Although.... it may just be the hood that doesn't fit over a superlight race cage....

I think its about 600 quid but there's a LONG wait to get one as they build to order I think.

you thinking of upgrades whilst the rear suspension is out for the rear panel repair Rob 🤔

HOOPY 500 kg R706KGU

I've also heard the Full Race cage (as it is sometimes called) cannot be used with a screen. Think it may be to do with its forward locating bar which interfers with the screen stanchion. This is purely from my observations.

Certainly the Roadsport cage (as is sometimes called) can be used with both the screen and hood (I can prove it *wink*).

Worcs L7 club joint AO.//Membership No. 4379//Azure Blue SLR No. 0077//Se7ens List Tours

V7 - Hoops - thanks

I may have to chat with caterham to see if it is possible, I have not seen one which makes me suspicious that it won't fit.

Hoops - the suspension doesn't have to come out, just the boot floor, wings, petrol tank, however I have been considering it for a while and now seems a reasonable opportunity to do it...

The hood will definatelty not fit the full race cage, althoug I suspect if you where desperate then you could get it modded...

My reason for wanting the full race cage version over the roadsport is for passenger access, which looks a little contrived for passengers, and the reason for keeping the screen is really for comfort when you are doing a long journey with a passenger and cannot be arsed with helmets etc....

rob