Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Clutch and brake pedals

Grubbster

Hi Steve,

I had my standard pedals engineered into adjustable pedals like this http://www.caterhamparts.co.uk/img/p/603-603-large.jpg

If you take the original and the pedal to be altered, the engineer can ensure that the pedal arm/foot plate angle is correct.

I had both clutch and brake pedals altered, very robust (over engineered if anything) and only cost about £30.

I can get my mate to do yours if you want?

Edited by - weeman on 16 Oct 2012 09:24:59

Cheers Charles, I did wonder about that, I'll check before I fit them. The metric chassis doesn't offer quite the adjustability of the imperial one so I need to do something if the seat can't go far enough forward. A bag seat with a ridiculously thick back might be the only other option!

Steve,

If you ask, the answer will be "no". Particularly if you are asking for a replacement that is not a standard Caterham part. It's easy to say your mod offers no advantage, but this is a black and white world. This year half-a-dozen cars had to refit hoodsticks, notwithstanding that the cars didn't have windscreens, as the regs doesn't say that they can be removed and someone asked a clarification question.

Thick back bag seats are in existence across the grid. The bead seats (see DPR Motorsport's website) are better than the 2-part foam ones, but you pay for it.

Jez