Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop

AndrewGP

Any interest before I put this on eBay?

Up for sale is my Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop. I have owned the laptop from new and I'm only selling it due to using my Ipad more and more. It is well suited to home/internet/light office use and for watching DVDs.

The laptop is in good condition, the screen has no dead pixels and is nice and bright. There are some light scratches on the case but nothing majorly noticeable. The only 'bad' points are:

- The screen hinge is a little wobbly and but once the screen angle is set, you'd never notice. In addition, I had to replace two of the hinge screws with non-standard items.

- The battery is starting to loose capacity. Tthe laptop works fine plugged in to the mains, but if you do plan to use the laptop on a battery power alone, it would be preferable to buy a new one.

The laptop has the following specification:

Intel Core2Duo Dual Core Processor T5500 (1.67GHz, 1 MB L2 cache, 533 MHZ)

Widescreen 15.4" WXGA Display

Memory: Dual-Channel 2GB 667MHZ DDR2 SDRAM

120GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (5400 RPM)

Fixed internal 8 x DVD +/- RW Drive

Battery (as described above)

Integrated Intel Media Accelerator 950

UK Modem Cable and adapter internal V.92 Data, Fax, Voice functions

Dell Wireless 1390 802.11b/g 54 Mbps Adaptor

QWERTY keyboard (this was replaced with a new one last year so is in perfect condition)

The Laptop has the following software installed. NB I do not have any of the original discs.

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit (fully updated)

MS Office 2003 (fully updated)

AVG Anti-Virus software (fully updated)

Adobe, Flash Player, & Firefox for easy internet browsing

In addition to the laptop, I am including the laptop case. This is a good quality case and has loads of pockets for storage. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Local pickup with cash on collection would be fine.

A look at the completed items seem to suggest this would go for £90 - £100 but happy to accept £80 from any blatchat members.

Edited by - grenpayne on 10 Oct 2012 18:58:46

Edited by - grenpayne on 10 Oct 2012 19:22:40