Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Tax Disc Holder

colinharding

I've bought one of the tax disc holders, which gets attached to the windscreen mounting.

However, my question to anyone who has already fixed one of these to their car, could you confirm whether there is a nut on the other side of the screw on the mounting of the windscreen *confused* In which case from looking at the car, you have to unscrew all the padding on the inside of the car. Cos when I tried to undo the screw it just kept turning and turning.

Thanks in advance

40th Anniversary No. 56

see the site here

Colin,

Yep there is a nut on the other side of the bolt. Personally I found that a better place was on the nut that holds the front bonnet spring just behind the front wheel, (nearside of course *smile*)

Chris Alston

1800 Supersprint - Loud and Proud 😬 ...well it only sounds fast officer 😳

Brooklands aeroscreens for those........flies in the teeth moments *eek*

Drive it like you stole it! *cool* *thumbup*

• Leadership Team

Colin,

Yes, there is a nut on the inside - taking the trim panel off is not difficult - If you have it riveted on, you can easily drill them out, then the panel comes out easily Replace the rivets with self-tappers, and the job is even easier next time. You may already have screws, so the job is even easier...

The suggestions from the others sound quite good as well though!

Regards - Michael.

• Area Representative

Colin,

I've recently refitted my tax disk holder to the forward windscreen mount. There is a nylock nut and a large washer. I managed to remove and replace them without removing the knee trim panel, but it is a bit of a fiddle!

Mines on the petty strut hole on the FIA bar as well. Not sure who I copied it off but it looks really cool

The trim panels that cover up the nut on the back of the windscreen stanchion bolts may be screwed or riveted in. ISTR I just bent mine out the way when I fitted the tax disk there - its only a thin bit of ally.

Then I got a new scuttle and aeroscreen - hence the move to the rollbar

HOOPY 500 kg R706KGU