Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

SPA Guages

Warren S Smith

Dunno Warren. Chap at Spa told me I could buy for £126.60 plus carriage and vat. DT appear to be £133ish but I'm not sure if they charge carriage on top of that (although they do charge vat on top). Not sure where else you can get them from.

Well worth it though.

You ought to be aware that you'll need an adapter to use the Spa oil pressure sender. The standard Caterham sender is M12 x 1.5 whereas the Spa sender is something else (you'll have to check the past couple of weeks' posts as I'm sure I've included it there, and I've lost the info). Something like 1/8th NSP I think.

Anyway, if you are going ahead with this, I have the invoice for the parts bought from Think Automotive at home. I'll dig them out. It amounts to a piece of aeroquip hose with a banjo connector at the engine-end, allowing you to position the hose upwards (away from the road) and a straight connector at the other end, allowing you to remotely mount the new sender (for it is a nice piece of kit and deserves more protection than the standard one gets, being mounted so low).

The temperature sender will screw straight into the dry sump temp sender hole. If you haven't got a dry sump (can't remember what you have) you'll need some way of including the sender in the oil curcuit. You won't get any benefit from T-ing it off the pressure sender as there is no flow there, so very little heat will be transferred. I would guess you'll need a sandwich plate off the oil filter or better still, and whole new oil filter assy into which you could screw both senders (keeping in mind the temp sender needs to be in the flow).

Worcs L7 club joint AO.//Membership No. 4379//Azure Blue SLR No. 0077//Se7ens List Tours

V7 if you have the parts list from Think Automotive I would be interested as well. I plan to fit the Apollo tank over the winter and I don't want another switch in the dash, also protecting the pressure sensor seems like a good idea.

Thanks.

Is it SUMMER yet? 😬

Right..!! Got the details. Very complex and difficult-to-understand form... especially as we had a couple of different things, but here goes...

1. 1 x Special assembly consisting of banjo M12 dia for -3 TFE hose (HETBAN-41-3)

2. 1 x TFE hose -3 (TFE3)

3. 2 x 12mm folded copped washer (WC-M12)

4. 1/8NPTF FML for -3TFE hose S/S to make hose @ 27cm BAN/ST (HETSSF8-3)

Now, I'm pretty sure that makes a single hose assembly. Robin (who arranged the order) had a T piece to use a Caterham low oil pressure switch too I believe. I've tried to leave that off the order so as not to confuse things. If you use the invoice info below to ask Think to supply same, make sure you ask for just the simple straight hose assembly and not the T Piece one (unless you need that of course).

Their ref (Think's) 130342

Our order no Robin Cross

Delivery note no 107367

Invoice no 183113

If they can't find it with that lot....

In addition, I've taken some pictures of it. Email me if interested.

Worcs L7 club joint AO.//Membership No. 4379//Azure Blue SLR No. 0077//Se7ens List Tours