Click here if you are having website access problems ×

15 inch CR500's

Alex Wong1697456877

Fantastic...... So much better than the original compound 13 inch CR500's I once used. Almost as good as ACB10's and a joy to use on the road. Easily the best all round tyre and for me, the "13 inch wheels are best" rule has been rewritten. Low profile 15 inch CR500's are ALOT better than the original 13" CR500's although I understand that the compound has changed.

Anybody else tried them in anger?

Would also be interesting to hear from our own Peter Cox (another Worcs local) who has moved to 15" ACB10s in the same widths as my 13s.

I'm about to purchase another set of 13" wheels (can't get anything bigger under my FA wheelarches) so I may be tempted to try CR500s. I'm interested if this new compound will last longer than the prev incarnation. That said, I'll reserve the ACB10s for trackdays.

Worcs L7 club joint AO.//Membership No. 4379//Azure Blue SLR No. 0077//Se7ens List Tours

Avon claim that CR500s come in five sizes 175/55,195/55 and 205/55 in 13" diameter and 175/50 and 195/45 in 15" diameter. A friend specified his Westfields gearing to suit the 195/55/13 but then found out that they dont actually make those so has now got a compromised car. I've never seen 175/50/15s either so I doubt they really exist either. You can get CR500s from BMTR in Brum or direct from Caterham.

BC