Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Got a BMW diff? - check your bolts

adz

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still not received any letters regarding brake lines or diff carrier. Still not had any reply from Customer Feedback or CC Mid. *mad* The following is an e mail I've sent today to Brett at CC Mid and Andy Noble;

Brett & Andy,

I have forwarded an e mail I sent to your feedback page on the CC website, I've heard nothing! I also volunteered to be part of the group meetings, suggesting Skipton, North Yorkshire as a venue, I've heard nothing! and I'm sorry to say, regarding the latest Diff/Brake Line problems and our missing service book, I've heard nothing!

I'm going to be perfectly honest with you, it's a great car when it's on the road and it's a great car when it's on the road and you can have confidence that something isn't going to go wrong, but I'm afraid that hasn't been too often in the last 24 months of ownership. To say I am disappointed with the build quality and more importantly the responses from CC is a massive understatement. I am at the stage where I wish I had never bought a car from you, that mistake will never happen again!

Mark Hyde.

The message I sent to CC feedback page of their website, is on a previous page of this forum. Frustrated *cry* Confused *confused* AND *mad* *mad* *mad* *mad* *mad* *mad* *mad* *mad* *mad*

• 1 month later...
Had my original carrier replaced with the 'revised' carrier (rather than the 'completely new' carrier) by CCMids last week as they discovered my original one had cracked. They are then going to replace it with the 'completely new' one for me later in the year when they become available.

Tried to book my car in for beginning of April with CC Mid, but apparently the 'completely new carrier' will not be available until after that date. Brett at CC Mid is excellent and is contacting me when they're available. I hope this isn't going on much longer than that! MH

• 1 month later...
No, but it would be useful to have some certainty about when CCs program of replacement will begin and how they plan to schedule everyone in. I for one 'fly' (height about 10cm) south in the summer and need to know when I can use the Caterham to do this. I will contact CCs tomorrow......

I went with a friend to pick up an old Austin 7 chassis near Llangollen on Monday so took the opportunity to pop in and see Clive (Kendrick), never met him before but I took the advice of some of the lads at he LADS meeting a couple of weeks ago. What a great bloke, even though he was busy he took time with us and talked about his lovely collection of modern day classics with us. I am going to get my work done with him (diff carrier & brake lines). I'm sorry to say he exudes more confidence and customer service than I generally get from CC, Brett at Midlands the exception. Eily's (office manager, I think Clive's wife) at Kendrick's has taken my details, is contacting CC on my behalf and then letting me know when the parts are available. CC pay for the work to be done. My wife and I intend to make a couple of days of it and enjoy some of the N Wales roads whilst we're there. Just thought I would let you know. Kind Regards, Mark H. PS Many thanks to the LADS for being so hospitable and friendly on my first visit, so helpful, new mud flaps are being fitted this weekend.

I don't think the revised carrier is available yet, I expect they'll still be going with the stregthened version with recessed c/s bolt heads. The new version will require full diff-out to fit whereas the current version can just about be done with the diff basically in situ. With the current version the carrier is OK, it is the diff backplate that gets in the way of the dedion, so it is a backplate redesign as well as carrier.

• 4 weeks later...