Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Got a BMW diff? - check your bolts

adz

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kenricks checked out the diff and tubes on my 125 Roadsport SV during its service last weekend and confirmed everything to be *thumbup*. Car was factory built and collected in Nov 2011 so am now waiting for upgrade parts to become available, Kenricks following up with CC and will contact me when available for fitting.

Quoting Dr Slotter: 
Quoting Mark Hyde: 
Just a thought, what are they supplying for new builds/kits?

The modifed version of the existing design. Works fine.

Not on mine or on several other Academy cars, the dedion is whacking the diff frequently, it makes a hell of a clunk, can't be doing any good to the diff mounts, dedion or radius arms ☹️ ☹️

It's probably costing me 4 seconds a lap at Combe *wink* 😬

During my long and tedious mails with CC when the diff issues first came it was clear that their big internal issue was how to communicate with the outside world - yes the guys and girls that buy the cars.

I dont believe that any of us would have an issue if they told us there was a problem, they told us what the plans were to remove the problem, update us on progress at specified times . If it falls behind as it appears to have done its not a big issue provided they ...er....tell the customers before the customers start asking.

I spelt this out to them waaaaay back but to no avail it seems. I dont have my BMW diff car anymore so I have not pushed their buttons.

I think the reason for version 3 was that the v2 was a fix for the race cars and perhaps they thought the road cars were going to be okay or that they needed to provide a sound engineering programme as it is for road cars rather than race. will we ever know.

Version 2 modified the carrier and fitted c/s bolts so they didn't protrude. The dedion now hits a bit of the backplate that sticks out a bit and can't be ground off so this time it is a backplate redesign as well. My diff was hitting the dedion on a gentle drive on the road with two of us in the car whenever the suspension compressed - less than 20 miles on the clock. Kerb hopping on the track must be giving it quite a pounding ☹️

Hi All, thought you might like to see a reply I've just received from Callum Mc Dougall regarding the re call issues and lack of communication…again!

"With regards to the recall, the man in charge is Simon Lambert (Engineering and Motorsport Director), he was away on business last week but I have managed to have a catch up with him this morning. It seems that we are about to release more information on what is happening with the recall but it is vital that everybody receives the information at the same time. He asked me to extend his apologies for the lack of communication but nobody has been forgotten and we will make sure that we correct this problem as quickly and thoroughly as possible"

I've replied thanking him for his reply, I have also suggested again that I think it would be a good idea if someone from CC were to monitor this forum and make comment when appropriate. In the meantime the weather has improved and we're still waiting! Mark H.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...