Click here if you are having website access problems ×

A load of Moore and Wright Imperial Measuring equipment

kenny.

Having a clearout and have decided I won't be using a lot of my stuff again on silly projects so may as well get rid before it rusts away.

All M&W

1 x 1-2 Mic

1 x 2-3 Mic

1 x 3-4 Mic

1 x 4-5 Mic

1 x 5-6 Mic

1 x set Telescopic bore gauges. (Superb and not like the crappy 20 quid sets)

1 x Depth Gauge

1 x Depth Mic 0-6 inch

1 x Cylindrical anvil 0-1 Mic.........quite rare and better in my view than the ball anvil mics for measuring bearing shells and even pipe wall thickness.....these are a few bob.

Will chuck in a large internal Mic set..........which has taken a hammering from rust but with love and attention could maybe be saved.

All items servicable, some of the inner cases have started to break up............will check fuctionality again on them all.

All quality gear

£150 the lot

http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp243/lotusman/IMG_0551.jpg

PS The firm I bought it all off back in the Nineties finally went metric..........hence the metric equivilents on the boxes for the eagle eyed amongst you

Hi Guy, the bore gauges are spring loaded and will do a large range of diameters. They get an accurate take on the diameter.......you lock it and then use the appropriate micrometer to measure the result.

Cheers

Kenny

Hi Guy, just been out to check. The smaller one on the left hand side of the box measures from .500, obviously the set will do almost any diameter bigger than that within reason.

Problem is with the small gauge being diminutive it's extension only gives it a measuring length of circa 7.5 inches.............whereas the bigger gauges have a larger extension that will do about 1 foot.

If you needed them for a specific job you can borrow them mate........no need to buy them.

Cheers

Kenny

• 2 weeks later...