Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Bulk buy jack repairs - again

Pooh_R

Sorry to raise this again but searching about 17 threads hasn't found the answer....

Now the garage is nearly organised this afternoon was the time to replace seals on the jack. Everything eventually came apart according to the various instructions found reading the afore mentioned 17 threads.

I decided to remove the hex headed UJ on the raise/lower shaft from the reservoir to clean the joint thoroughly. this went fine, except that I now have two balls of different sizes that have come from the jack of different sizes. I'm sure one (the smaller one I think) should be the seal to the reservoir to allow raise/dropping the arm. I have absolutely no idea where the other one came from. I see in the pdf on Roger Ford's site that someone had an exploded image of the jack. Does this still exist?

Any other ideas where the balls should be located?

Many thanks

Pooh

I have scoured the garage and not found any springs. There will be at most one as the upper one in the link above would not be present as there is direct pressure onto the top ball from the end of the raise/lower pin.

Has anyone taken their jack apart and know if there is a spring between the two balls?