Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Damper query

weeman

There's a noticeable play in the spherical bearings (rosejoints) on my rear dampers. It's more pronounced on the n/s than the o/s but I'm not sure either will pass the MOT.

Is it possible to have new spherical joints 'pressed in' or are they an integral part of the damper unit? See here. If it is possible, does anyone know who can do the job for me?

I'm so very reluctant to scrap perfectly good damper units just because the spherical joints have had it.

TIA *thumbup*

Be lucky!!

Martin

Edited by - weeman on 29 Sep 2012 14:29:03

Cheers Paul *thumbup*

Once I'd taken the trouble to clean the dampers it was obvious that circlips retain the spherical joints. At first glance they looked integral and I wouldn't have looked closer til you mentioned circlips *thumbup*.

I've removed circlips and the rosejoints, so my next question is where to obtain replacements. 🤔

Be lucky!!

Martin

Edited by - weeman on 29 Sep 2012 15:53:16

*arrowup*The thought had crossed my mind, however fleetingly. I've even been on a particular motorsport website 🥰. But I fear that what you have on your desk would be wasted on the talentless.

Not only that but on a CSR I wouldn't even be able to see them 😬

Be lucky!!

Martin

I was pointed in the direction of BRT Bearings in Portsmouth.

Went there today and ordered the bearings. Very helpful people, I shall be getting them to match all the spherical bearings and rod ends from my car (they weren't impressed by the quality of the ones the've seen so far)

BRT have stores all over the country *thumbup*. Worth bearing in mind *rolleyes*

Be lucky!!

Martin

Edited by - weeman on 1 Oct 2012 15:09:58