Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K800 RUM getting it's doors blown off by one of these

Martin J

Driving back from T/Wells early evening having collected Daughter thought I'd have a little race with one of these.here

To say I'm humbled is an under-statement. Good God what a fast car *eek* exiting the roundabout by the hop farm...I haven't seen a road car accelerate like that before. *eek*

Edited by - martin jeffrey on 22 Sep 2012 20:40:37

I followed one down a country road near Burwash.

He was doing 20 mph and holding me up, but I couldn't grumble his car was touching the hedges both sides of the lane *eek*

I'm afraid there are a lot of cars out there which will out accelerate our 125bhp Sevens, but who was having more fun?

Duncan

Ok not a Turbo but I am in the fortunate position of having both a 997 Gt3 and an R400 .

As has been said above the Porsche is quicker at higher speeds but in give and take situations on windy roads or where it's narrow there's no contest , seven every time .

I found out how useless the Porsche was the other night when trying to follow a very well driven lowered and modified fiesta down a windy lane . I could hardly keep up 😳

Quoting stephen grant: 
presumably the Turbo S that Porsche will sell you (link above) is still the 997 model? And therefore we can expect even quicker times once the new one arrives?

stephen

I think his one was the latest model...private reg no but different slimline LED rear lights.

All of these more recent 911's look so wide to me compared with the earlier air cooled ones.