Click here if you are having website access problems ×

DD tube improved design / or easy repair

elie boone

A lot of people had issues with a DD tube, if you suspect the under the tube damper mounting point chop it off.

All you need is a strip of metal with a 1/2" hole on each end and a piece of tube.

Bend the strip of metal over the tube and spotweld into place, the piece of tube is a spacer between the holes in the stip of metal, spotweld this in place, and feed the bolt for the damper trough the tube/strip.

Now you have a anchor point for the damper witch uses half of the tube circumfence rather then onlt 2² inch patch on the bottom of the tube

And it's easy'er to fabricate from new.

On K2rum I put a 6mm web along the back edge (like on the Ital live axle) and plated the points where the triangular section for the central bush meets the tube.

That was the end of my frequent DD tube issues.

Made it a fair bit (+6kg) heavier though. 😳

On a Live axle i use a 20mm tube on the top and 1 on the back, they go from side to side and are much lighter than the original plate.

RJ52car i can do some Yellow and i have a brand new green wing witch i need to measure for the closest reference. I am not involved any more in stickerfix color development, but i can always use the gear if i want to