Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Stupid question

TobyCoulson

I would advise against 60 profile on a 13" rim. I ran this configuration for some time using Yoko A539's. Although I was happy with the tyre (still loads of tread after 20k miles) it had an adverse effect upon sump clearance - had a number of low speed scrapes.

I've now reverted to 70 profile (Yoko A021's) and have felt much more comfortable about the sump remaining in one piece on my recent Scotland tour. Ride is also more comfortable on the 70 profile than the 60 profile as well 😬

I would advise against 60 profile on a 13" rim. I ran this configuration for some time using Yoko A539's. Although I was happy with the tyre (still loads of tread after 20k miles) it had an adverse effect upon sump clearance - had a number of low speed scrapes.

Just depends how your ride height is set, doesn't it? (Assuming adjustable dampers). And as we've established, it's almost identical to 195/45 on 15 inchers.

• Area Representative

Quoting Blokko: 

195/45 - 15's and 185/60- 13's are pretty much the same overall diameter, at a nominal 556mm and 552mm respectively, making a nominal 2mm difference in ride height.

Note that whilst the popular 205/55-13 rear CR500s are roughly the same size (555mm), 175/55-13 CR500s are quite small at 523mm. They'll look a little lost in your existing wings, and significantly reduce your ride height.