Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Performance testers

PACR

Having tried out a G-Tech Pro on the weekend I was wondering if anyone had established how accurate they (or other such devices) really are?

I found it to be quite easy to get a consistant 0-60 time with the odd really good one and the odd bad one. Standing 1/4 mile times were pretty good as well. I suppose that a consistant reading is most important - shows that your technique is improving / modifications are working rather than absolute times but I'd like to know how big a pinch of salt to take.....

Didn't try this but as it measures accelaration and works out speed by how hard you've been accelerating and for how long, can you trick them by starting at a smooth 5 mph (no acceleration) then letting the device add 60 mph to that? Figured that I spent a few tenths getting traction?

Of course you're cheating no-one but yourself but might help in settling a pub arguement?

Anyone got accurate figures for a 1.8k SS 6-speed? (0-60 and 1/4 mile @mph) or any other staes of tune?

Piers

I've got a Vericom VC2000 Race which is a rather more sophisticated device than the GTech (it costs about 5x the price)

If you guys want to borrow it, it belongs to the North Kent Area of the Club (it regularly gets used on the Brooklands days) and it will be lent to anybody who convinces me they will look after it. Best way to convince me is a nice big deposit.

If you break it you pay, if you dont break it, you can borrow it for £10 to NTL.

Fair???

Regarding accuracy, if was tested against the equipment the car mags use to measure performance, and over 1/4 mile was within 0.05secs every time.

It can also measure breaking, lateral G and wait for it.....Horsepower!

Details can be found at http://www.vericom.org/

If you want to borrow it email me at arnie@the-webbs.com

Arnie